10.26.2008

What do people think about this?

One comment about being cat-called was this one:

Molly said...

I totally understand why these types of comments upset people and I agree that they can be offensive but I must say it really doesn't bother me at all. Clearly these guys aren't choosey about who they talk to and I certainly doubt they actually expect someone to stop what theyre doing and take them up on their charming offers, so as far as I'm concerned it's just more noise. I ignore sirens and car horns both of which are annoying and distracting; I think of cat-calls the same way. They're just background noise. Ive gotten so good at ignoring them that at this point I often don't even notice it happens until a friend points it out. And I know it is waaaaayy more common for guys to do this, but I've heard women do it too.



This is different than what most women have posted on here... what are everyone's thoughts?

No comments:

this is ladies night

washington, dc, United States
Have you ever been walking down the street and been hollered at, or perhaps been beeped at by a car - or whistled at while waiting for your ride? We know what it feels like and we want YOU to know that WE'RE RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. Share your experiences here. Share your stories, your reactions, your reflections... maybe your message will help someone else.